Lindsey Pollak’s popular student programs supplement your college’s career services offerings, providing the cutting-edge advice students need to secure jobs and build careers in the 21st century workplace. Her approach is inspirational, energetic and entertaining.
All program topics are available as a keynote speech, workshop or webinar.
Campus Speaking Topics:
1. GETTING FROM COLLEGE TO CAREER: 7 ABSOLUTE MUSTS
It’s time to go beyond the basics. In this interactive, action-oriented program, Lindsey Pollak shares the secrets she’s learned from recruiters, successful professionals and other experts on what it really takes to find and win the job of your dreams. Students will leave this session with increased confidence and a seven-step checklist to keep them on track.
- Avoiding the biggest mistake in career prep and job hunting.
- Becoming an expert researcher.
- Building your online brand.
- Networking with your neighbors.
- Persisting (without being a pest).
2. LEVERAGING SOCIAL MEDIA FOR JOB SEARCH SUCCESS
Did you know that more than 90% of recruiters are using social media to find job candidates? More importantly, do you know how to use tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest to land a job or internship and advance your career? Lindsey Pollak, a workplace expert and official ambassador for LinkedIn, will tell you everything you need to know about job hunting and social media.
- Building the right online image: What recruiters really look for.
- Determining which social networks are right for your goals.
- Becoming an expert: How to find and create worthwhile content.
- Networking with the best: How to reach out, build relationships and follow up using social media (including “how to say it” templates).
- Avoiding common social media mistakes.
3. THE ESSENTIAL STUDENT GUIDE TO LINKEDIN
Everyone is talking about LinkedIn, but how exactly do you use the world’s largest professional social network in your job search and career management? Lindsey Pollak, an official ambassador for LinkedIn, will tell you everything you always wanted to know.
In this enjoyable and educational presentation you will learn how to:
- Build an impressive LinkedIn profile that gets results.
- Grow and maximize a professional online network.
- Use LinkedIn to find real career opportunities.
- Avoid online networking mistakes.