GETTING FROM COLLEGE TO CAREER: REVISED EDITION: YOUR ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO SUCCEEDING IN THE REAL WORLD
By Lindsey Pollak (HarperCollins, first edition 2007; revised edition 2012)
How do you get a job without experience and get experience without a job? It’s the question virtually every college student or recent graduate faces. In Getting from College to Career, Lindsey Pollak offers the first definitive guide to building the experience, skills and confidence you need before starting your first major job search.
This book is packed with career advice for students and focuses on how to get a job after college. Her 90 action-oriented tips include strategies ranging from the simple to the expert, including:
- Avoid the biggest mistake in career prep and job hunting.
- Subscribe to a daily newspaper.
- Email like a professional.
- Make every event a networking success.
- Practice the eight essentials of internship achievement.
- Perform five minutes of stand-up.
- Over-prepare for interviews.
- Persist (politely).